Monday, October 22, 2012

Christmas and New Year 2009

2009 was a turning point in my life.  I was in the most beautiful countryside I had ever seen and I was to enjoying every day. I was sharing it with people I liked and having fun.  
    My friends and I together arranged a Christmas meal in one of the local bars. I had roast leg of lamb, but there was a big choice on the menu and everybody was satisfied with their meal. A local estate agent had brought Christmas puddings from the coast and given instructions to the Spanish chef on how to cook them. We played charades after the meal and the evening was a howling success.



 We had already had a meal in the OAP centre before Christmas, which with the end of term school dinner made quite a round of parties.

 
    This was my best Christmas in Spain.










We also had a New Year party and watched the fireworks from a rooftop. This was a riot too, with karaoke and the customary twelve grapes to be swallowed in time with the Church bells at midnight. I could not have been happier. The Christmas spirit was in the streets with presents and trimmings in the Orange trees of the pueblo.

No comments:

Post a Comment