Friday, October 5, 2012

My first paintings

To see all my paintings over five years click here.My first Painting.

 My first painting was of a scene that I knew well, very close to our South landing area at the foot of Lijar. In the background are the twin peaks of Lagarin and Malavar. The farm is now abandoned. The trees have been cut back, or cut down, no doubt for fuel. The land is still used, but by somebody who does not need the buildings. They sold within a week of hanging up and were my first sale of pictures in Spain. They are both in the United States now.

The third picture I took back to England and is of my Daughter and grandson.

Primavera was painted from a photograph and it went through many changes before it ended up like it is. This sold much later to a bank manager.

Mi Pueblo sold early on too. The scene is a made up one combining different elements from the same village in one picture.

It was around this time that I met a fellow artist in his bar here in Olvera. Alfredo began his training as an architect. He trained as a painter with his uncle. He was my first Spanish friend and still is. He explained the different techniques and styles of the painters over the centuries. We still meet once a week to paint in our attic club above the library loaned to us by the ayuntamento of Olvera.

No comments:

Post a Comment